The TROY LEE DESIGNS D4 helmet is the lightest BMX / DH helmet ever built today with only 1 kg in size M. The use of carbon fiber reinforcements in the shell has reduced the weight of the helmet by almost 50 grams without sacrificing strength. Despite this weight loss, the strategically placed addition of EPS increases strength and durability. It features the MIPS Brain Protection System designed to reduce rotational movement transferred to the brain from impacts tilted towards the head.
• Carbon fiber shell
• MIPS C2 brain protection system that protects against rotational impacts
• 24 vents in total: 10 front intake holes, 5 overhead intake holes that channel air over your head and 7 foreground rear exhaust holes
• Quick-drying antimicrobial 3D contoured cheek pads for an anatomically optimized fit.
• Trim placed separately and equipped with 7 anchor points for an optimal fit
• EPP Collarbone impact system; a relief zone that reduces forces in the lower central part of the helmet where impacts on the shoulders and collarbones can occur
• Titanium chinstrap
• Helmet bag with drawstring included
• CE certified according to the EN 1078 bicycle helmet safety standard
Adult XS: Head circumference 53-54cm
Adult S: Head circumference 55-56cm
Adult M: Head circumference 57-58cm
Adult L: Head circumference 58-59cm
Adult XL: Head circumference 60-61cm
Adult XXL: Head circumference 62-63cm
Warning: Last items in stock!
|Reference||Bar Code||Colors||Sizes||Unit price||Availability||Quantity||Buy|
|HELMET SIZE||HAT SIZE||CM||INCHES|
|*Headliners and cheekpads can be interchanged within the same EPS size.|
|X-SMALL (Adule XS)||6-5/8 to 6-3/4||53 to 54||20.8 to 21.2|
|SMALL (Adult S)||6-7/8 to 7||55 to 56||21.6 to 22|
|MEDIUM (Adult M)||7-1/8 to 7-1/4||57 to 58||22.4 to 22.8|
|LARGE (Adult L)||7-1/4 to 7-3/8||58 to 59||22.8 to 23.2|
|X-LARGE (Adult XL)||7-1/2 to 7-5/8||60 to 61||23.6 to 24|
|2X-LARGE (Adult XXL)||7-3/4 to 7-7/8||62 to 63||24.4 to 24.8|
What is MIPS (Multi-directional Impact Protection System)?
In case of impact, the rotational forces will be better dissipated thanks to the movement of 10 to 15 mm made possible thanks to the inner surface of the helmet that moves independently of the outer shell. This is attached to the helmet structure by elastomeric fasteners that stretch to better absorb the impact. Between the two, the surface used offers little friction which allows a fluid movement in all directions.