The Daytona, D2 and D3 series of helmets redefined the marriage between technology, safety and artistic design. The new Troy Lee Designs D4 is changing the game again. Using TeXtreme® Spread Tow carbon fiber reinforcements in the shell of the new TLD D4 Carbon Freedom helmet has helped pare down the weight of the full-face helmet by almost 50 grams without sacrificing strength. Despite the loss in weight, we were able to strategically add EPS to increase strength and durability. Integrated MIPS Brain Protection System designed to reduce rotational motion transferred to the brain from angled impacts to the head. The new TLD D4’s package is rounded out with lightweight titanium D-rings, collarbone suspension system and quick release XT2 3D cheek pads and X-Static washable liner.
• MIPS C2 brain protection system-protects against rotational impacts
• TeXtreme® Spread Tow carbon fiber shell
• 3 Shell sizes and 3 EPS sizes, 6 total size ranges from XS-XXL
• 24 total vents: 10 front intake ports, 5 overhead intake vents that channel air on top of your head and an industry leading 7 rear exhaust ports
• Anti-Microbial/Quick Dry XT2® Quick release contoured 3D cheek pads create an anatomically optimized fit. Separately placed X-Static® & XT2® precision fit headliner with 7 anchor points gives you optimal fit
• EPP Collarbone impact system; a relief area that reduces the forces in the center lower section of the helmet where shoulder/collarbone impacts have been known to occur
• Lightest Carbon DH/BMX Race helmet we have ever built at 1000g (+/- 50gm and Size M)
• Titanium D-Ring fasteners
• 3-year warranty
• CPSC 1203*, CE EN1078*, ASTM F1952-DH, ASTM 2032-BMX. *Varies by regional standards
Warning: Last items in stock!
|HELMET SIZE||HAT SIZE||CM||INCHES|
|*Headliners and cheekpads can be interchanged within the same EPS size.|
|X-SMALL (Adule XS)||6-5/8 to 6-3/4||53 to 54||20.8 to 21.2|
|SMALL (Adult S)||6-7/8 to 7||55 to 56||21.6 to 22|
|MEDIUM (Adult M)||7-1/8 to 7-1/4||57 to 58||22.4 to 22.8|
|LARGE (Adult L)||7-1/4 to 7-3/8||58 to 59||22.8 to 23.2|
|X-LARGE (Adult XL)||7-1/2 to 7-5/8||60 to 61||23.6 to 24|
|2X-LARGE (Adult XXL)||7-3/4 to 7-7/8||62 to 63||24.4 to 24.8|
What is MIPS (Multi-directional Impact Protection System)?
In case of impact, the rotational forces will be better dissipated thanks to the movement of 10 to 15 mm made possible thanks to the inner surface of the helmet that moves independently of the outer shell. This is attached to the helmet structure by elastomeric fasteners that stretch to better absorb the impact. Between the two, the surface used offers little friction which allows a fluid movement in all directions.